Net Impact is an international nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire, educate and equip individuals to use the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world. Spanning six continents, Net Impact's membership makes up one of the most influential networks of professionals and students in existence today.
Net Impact members are current and emerging leaders in CSR, social entrepreneurship, nonprofit management, international development, and environmental sustainability who are actively improving the world.
With access to an international network of like-minded business students and professionals, Rady School Net Impact members are able to:
- Connect online via conference calls and in person at local events and the annual conference.
- Access resources that help build a meaningful career and find employers share their values.
- Participate in programs that hone business skills and build their resume.
Rady School students also have access to cross-boundary collaborations and joint degree programs with UC San Diego centers of excellence, including Scripps Institution of Oceanography and UCSD's Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, both Net Impact partners. Located in one of the fastest growing clean-technology hubs in the nation, the Rady School also is located on one of the greenest, most sustainable campuses in the U.S.
Goals of the Rady School Net Impact chapter include:
- Strengthening the relationships between the Rady School and the clean-technology community in San Diego, other Net Impact chapters and UC San Diego.
- Ensuring that the core curriculum and electives incorporate social and environmental themes into classes and assignments.
- Educating Rady School students on opportunities in clean technology and socially responsible businesses.
- Using programs offered by the national Net Impact organization such as service corps volunteers, campus greening and other special projects.
- Continuing to offer pro-bono consulting services for local nonprofit organizations and to place Rady School Net Impact members on the boards of local nonprofits.
- Organizing the California Clean Innovation (CACI) Conference
- Hosting guest speakers
- Holding networking events
- Dinners with local professionals
- Visiting local energy companies
- Planning a Cleantech2Market certificate course